Coronovirus - If you have any of the following symptoms cough,Runny nose,sore throat,fever, Loss of taste or smell & difficulty breathing stay indoors and avoid contact with others, contact NHS 111 for further advice.
The appointment system at the practice has now changed to Telephone Consultations due to the current pandemic.
If you are attending the GP practice please ensure your are wearing a FACE MASK. If you are not wearing a face mask you maybe turned away. This has been implemented by NHS England and is mandatory.
The Smartcare federation is offering the Covid-19 vaccinations to over 75 years patients. Please contact the practice on 0121 766 6113 for this to be arranged.
Covid-19 Health & Safety Measures implemented by Greet Medical Practice
Greet Medical Practice has implemented measures to support health and reduce the spread Covid-19. Risk assessments are completed by staff members to manage the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) and updated at regular intervals. This will help to maintain an environment where individuals can understand how to work safely and protect people.
Where possible you should keep people 2 metres apart. If this is not viable, keeping 1 metre apart.
Further controls include:
- Perspex screens installed at key points that require face-to-face interaction with others
- Increased cleaning of desks, chairs and other relevant surfaces, equipment, etc.
- Reduced numbers in the office
- Limiting others to short periods of access within the office
- Using signage to remind people to keep social distance
- PPE provided for use for all staff (especially for visits)
- Cleaning, good hygiene and handwashing
- Keeping the workplace clean and frequent handwashing reduces the potential for coronavirus to spread.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contracted regular cleans (including a deep clean) focussing on areas such as doorknobs and toilets and other shared areas.
- Wipe down equipment within workspaces at the beginning and/or end of a/work session or if space/equipment is shared between individuals.
- Leave shared facilities like kitchens and toilets in the same state you would like to find them. Be mindful and respectful of others.
Working from home
Staff working from home will be:
Provided the equipment they need, for example a laptop and video- conferencing facilities and discuss any extra equipment needed to assist them
Manager will keep in regular contact with them, checking well-being.
The arrangements in place to isolate an employee who shows symptoms involve firstly informing the appropriate manager. They will ask you to self-isolate if:
You are showing any of the common symptoms of COVID-19 (new, continuous cough; high temperature; loss or change to your sense of smell or taste). Anyone with symptoms must self-isolate for 10 days from when their symptoms started.
You live with or have been in close contact (within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes) with someone who has the symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19. You must self-isolate for 14 days from when the person you live with or have been in contact with started displaying the symptoms.
If you have any concerns about your own safety or observe poor safety practices, please contact the management team and we will investigate your concerns in confidence. An open and collaborative approach is encouraged, where any issue can be openly discussed and addressed.
The measures necessary to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19 infection rely on everyone taking responsibility for their actions and behaviours.
Covid-19 - Useful Weblinks
Covid-19 Vaccination booking - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Covid-19 Testing - https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Coronavirus Vaccination information - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
Latest Gudiance - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Latest Gudiance - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Coronavirus Information in URDU - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55353163
Coronavirus Information in BENGALI - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/961077/Stay_at_home_guidance_for_households_with_possible_or_confirmed_coronavirus___COVID-19__infection-BENGALI.pdf
Employment - https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note